Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Radio Effect


Before TV and the internet evolved and became popular, people listened to the radio to hear news, listen to music, hear shows, etc. Growing up in the 80's and being a teenager in the early 90's I grew up using a computer for school. At the time, internet didn't become available until like the late 90's during the latter part of my high school years and early part of my college years. I am not trying to be discouraging when I say this so I am going to choose my words as carefully as I can. The evolving of the internet has made people become more shallow. I remember when people used to have a non-shallow point of view about things. Unfortunately, for me I happened to grow up when computers started being popular and I noticed how the "Hollywood" mindset started kicking into people. If you grew up like how I grew up, for the most part people had a plain and old fashioned mindset. What I mean by that is, people usually worked for what they wanted and didn't always expect mom and dad to get it for them. I'm noticing how people are becoming less appreciative and more focused on material things and wanting the top of the line stuff just to keep up with the Jones's. I am proud to say that I grew up watching a black and white picture TV set for 14 years until my mom bought me a little color TV that I had for 17 years until it blew out.

 

Nowadays, I listen to the radio and check the internet to get my news, listen to music, and watch the 70's, 80's, and 90's cartoons and TV shows that were really good back then. I'm not trying to be discouraging but the shows that come on nowadays is just not worth watching because of the content, the dirty language using profanity, promoting sex, violence, etc. If I can't see a good clean show or movie, I just rather not watch that particular show or movie because I am a born again Christian and I have to be careful what I watch. It's been quite some time since I watched TV. There is nothing encouraging about hearing bad news and frankly it's nothing to broadcast because it's not good. I rather just read it on the internet rather than hear it on TV if I'm going to hear bad news. I've always felt comfortable listening to the radio for the simple reason because I can tune in to a show, news, sports, politics, and I'm not stressed from listening to the radio like I get stressed from what I hear and see on TV. When you are in the media's eye, you have to act a certain way, say things so that it won't be misunderstood and get twisted around to sound like what you said was a whole lot worse than what you really said. I am content to hear news on my radio or surfing the internet to check out news that way. I think what is very annoying to people when they watch the news on TV is that things that were said is always twisted anyway. For example, a man robs a bank and demanded that the bank teller gives him $2,500. He tells the bank teller holding her at gunpoint that if she didn't give him the money that he will kill her and all of the hostages in the bank. This same story can be twisted around to be said, man robs a bank and steals $2,500 and open fire at a bank teller critically wounding her and he tells her if she calls the police he will kill her and all of the hostages. The point that I am trying to make is that people will tell the same story and twist it around to where you don't know what to believe because you heard so many versions of the story. I think that that is probably the biggest reason why I enjoy listening to the radio, you can catch a person in their own lie more by the number of times they change their story. I am not the one to discourage anyone from where they prefer to hear their news. However, I will encourage people to tune in to the best source that they can find that is not going to have them stressed out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DuraBrand
 
Please see the 2 links below.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment